Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CarolsGentleYoga E-Newsletter

Greetings and Thank you for reading my blog. Since this is my entry, I would like to fill you in on what I've been up to...
I have decided to feature one of my Yoga Students who has been studying with me for four years.
Doris McFadden, 80 began her yoga practice 4 years ago starting with Carol's Gentle Chair Yoga.
She now has graduated to Carol's Gentle floor Yoga.  She practices everyday at home and still
comes to class 3 times per week.   She finds much joy and contentment in her life. 

She will be our FEATURED STUDENT this month
She has been quoted to say:  "

Many of my students ask me;  "What purpose does Yoga really serve in our lives." ....
Do we practice Yoga primarily for physical exercise?
Or, do we practice Yoga for more spiritual reasons? 

The ancients created the paths of Yoga because they believed these were the best ways, indeed the only ways, to realize our full human potential.  No no makes this any clearer than Patanjali, the 2nd century author of the Yoga Sutra.

No comments:

Post a Comment